Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mules

So my parents just up and went to a mule auction one day and came home with a team of mules. There friends JC & Susan had a wagon that these mules could pull. Well that didn't go so well. 

At the Mule auction the mules my parents bought were so friendly and nice and smart and good at pulling wagons, so they bought them. We get home and the next weekend we were going to go ride horses to get ready for the St Jude Trail Ride (March 30th) and we decided we were going to test drive these mules with a wagon. 

We hooked them up, which was very difficult because they were very nervous. We all assumed  they werent use there new surroundings.










After we got them all hooked up to the wagon, JC drove them around since he had done this before At first they ran and then they calmed down a little bit. Still scared of all the new surroundings 






After we got them calmed down, me, mom, dad, and Susan got on our horses and started down the road. JC and the mules were ahead of us and so they were way down the road....When we got to them JC was out of the wagon holding the mules looking like he needed help. So susan gave me the reins to her horse so I was holding him and dad gave his reins to my mom and she was holding his horses. All of a sudden the mules freak out and start trying to run away. My dad gets stepped on by the mules and JC gets pushed down by them trying to escape. I turn around just in time to see the mules attached to the wagon running full speed at me. I let go of Susans horse and get my horse out of the way. I look over and mom has been bucked off her horses and our horses are running away, the mules are running away with no one in the wagon to drive them. 

We get into the truck back at the ranch and head down the road to find these mules. We end up finding them in someones pasture stuck into the trees. I dont even know how they got there. Moral of the story.....were selling them.....anyone want a team of mules????



Heres some more pictures of all our other horses, and our land 
























No comments:

Post a Comment