Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

St Jude Trail Ride

Went on my first trail ride this past weekend and it was AMAZING! not only was i excited about going I was also excited about giving back! This wasnt just your normal trail ride, 100% of the money raised went to St Jude Childrens Research Hospital!!! I love giving money to charities, people these day take things they have for granted and its sicking to think that someone with a lot of money doesn't care about the people who are struggling!  So instead of paying the $45 registration fee I paid $200. 

The Trail ride was located in Catsprings, Texas in the BEAUTIFUL Texas country! OMG it was so beautiful. Tons of wildflowers and bluebonnets EVERYWHERE covering tons of acres of land. 

Local stores donated all the food for all the riders, and the people hosting supplied all the water for the horses. Each night we had a wonderful cooked meal like chili, chicken&dumplings, stew, ribs, steak, sausage, chicken, brisket, corn, green beans, pinto beans, mashed potatos, breakfast burritos, tacos, cake, bagels, and even more! it was so amazing! 

Anyways, on Saturday we got up at 5am, got our horses ready and saddled, and got dressed and ready and by 9:30 we were headed out for our 20 mile ride! Mom rode Sharlit, Dad rode Shellie, I rode Radar, JC rode Rooster, Susan rode Freckles, Brooke Rode Juda, and Sara rode Jazz. (you will see them in pictures) 

Number one lesson I learned was to bring sunblock. I got the worst 3rd degree sunburn on my shoulders. So if anyone goes on a trail ride be sure to pack some! 

After the trail ride we went and ate dinner and watched the auction that people donated stuff to be auctioned off for donations. It was amazing! Things were being sold for around $800. Someone baked a cake that sold for $350! Now thats what im talking about! 

After the auction there was a DJ and great music played for a dance! Not going to lie but I dont remember a lot of the dance.......Thanks to Brooke and Sarah for giving me drinks after drinks and shots after shots! But I was told I did some Karaoke and did pretty well! hahaaaa. wonderful! 

Overall the whole weekend we ended up raising over $40,000 for St Jude! Gosh I feel so honored to be apart of such a great cause! I wouldnt have wanted to do anything different with my days off! 

Now for some pictures.....theres a bunch, just to warn you



Our set up

lunch break...trying to hold 3 horses is not easy


my other mother Brenda

My trail horse Radar


miles and miles of bluebonnets


Daddy and I



Buggy broke 








Sarah taking jello shots




Rod and Brenda and the buggy horse Sassy


Sarah and her horse Juda



getting dressed

PawPaw

Susan with Freckles and Rooster



JC taking care if a sick horse









After a bath





A barn we saw on the drive up there





Our T-Shirts

They had a wine tasting and gave out free wine glasses

Wore my spurs! 

Late night story time! 



My belt buckle I got a few years ago

Before the ride everyone gathered around and said a prayer 



Mom and Dad


PawPaw and Sarah

People ahead of us



And behind us


Walking through the wildflowers 


An old tractor makes for a pretty picture surrounded by flowers 


My sunburn! gotta love it! NOT

Rooster getting his butt worked out to be a good trail horse for me

Crossing railroad tracks



Loved watching all the horses we passed running around in excitement to see all the horses

Day 2 lunch break! such a beautiful ranch



Sarah and Jazz

Mom and Sharlit and Shellie (can you tell which horse is which???)

Brooke and Juda

"When flooded turn around...dont drown"

These 3 bay horses were triplets...all the same markings (but you cant tell)


Getting ready to head back home

Shellie has a new love interest! 

JC trying to load Freckles in the trailer

Sassy ready to go home! 

Tan lines! 

On the way home I watched the sunset through the side mirrors! so pretty





2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog!! I remember when I had my first trail ride! I was eight! I loved riding but haven't in such a long time! And that sun burn looks gruesome. Kinda like some you see at the beach during the summer in Cali!!!

    You have a new follower!!

    Check out my blog!

    http://brightbrightdays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linssay for the follow! I will be sure and follow you as well!

      and yes the sun burn is horrible! or was its just a dark tan line now and im just hoping it doesnt peal. haha....

      Thankksss

      Delete